A Poem: April Twenty-Third by Tahyira Savanna

Original post - http://allinayearstime.blogspot.com/2018/04/april-twenty-third.html

I moved to Cali
Changed up my whole scene
I truly never wanted friends
Just a great team

Sometimes you sit
Sometimes you stare
Its all because of what you fear
Still shows care, somewhere

Deep down inside you
Exercise my brain
We not all the same
Riding bikes, or hop the train


I came to see and conquer
No disrespect, no problems
Black lives lied, they got you
Educate the youth, I have too

Its our land, yelling me too
They dont want us to see you
Or use what we can to change days
She say he say dem say no strays

Americants because we opt to rant
Never got a chance to live
They took about one third and threw us up
From the two thirds, we've had enough

CNN cant save us, no one really should
Slaves from the boats to black cards
Kinda like an engine that could
Or shouldn't roll, like the weed's thats in control

Of our youth, hey Darren Wilson we got your proof
You had seen me on that day
When we was all on the bridge
Hands up for da boy Mike like I stole this wig

The cops, you smell the fear
They high five for ot hrs we kno
Better keep the chips off the streets
It might be soon be yall time to go

More to come..... lemme know if you feeling this :)




Comments

Popular Posts